Tales of Demons and Gods Official Synopsis:
Killed by a Sage Emperor and reborn as his 13 year old self, Nie Li was given a second chance at life. A second chance to change everything and save his loved ones and his beloved city. He shall once again battle with the Sage Emperor to avenge his death and those of his beloved. With the vast knowledge of hundred years of life he accumulated in his previous life, wielding the strongest demon spirits, he shall reach the pinnacle of Martial Arts.
Enmities of the past will be settled in this new lifetime. “Since I’m back, then in this lifetime, I shall become the King of the Gods that dominate everything. Let everything else tremble beneath my feet!”
- This is a Ongoing Chinese novel with 488 chapters so far. (Updated 04-14-2020)
- The English translations for this novel are still going.
- The English Translator for this novel is: AtlasStudios
This is the most interesting read on the site for good reason.
We already know the premise, but the real treat of the story is” how will” he complete such a grand goal. Unlike other Chinese novel predecessors, he goes about this in a realistic way. He first starts gaining a name for himself while at the same time, plotting against his enemies. While garnishing fame, he goes about building allies and hidden wealth. He does all the basics to ensuring survival of his city and the people he cares about, but then the plot thickens and then you realize there’s more happening behind the scenes.
The Hero of the story isn’t always thinking about survival, he still has love on his mind. What greater love is there, but the one who gave their life for yours. Surely, the hero sees the woman who gave her life for his as his “one true love”. In fact, he’s had hundreds of years to enforce his stubborn purist of this circumstantial love, before his second chance. So, he is realistically stubborn in his unshakable faith in his “one true love” until events lead him to recall a women who protected him as battle partner. He is shaken by such events of his past cherished partner, but makes no moves to betray the woman who gave her life for his in the past.
Special Notes Against the Other Reviewers:
One’s age doesn’t decide there wisdom nor how they should be treated. The MC isn’t arrogant, but simply obsessed at reaching his goal. Never does he put someone down without reason… though sometimes it’s not a mature reason, but even adults have there moments where they tease each other. Tell me you hadn’t played a prank or teased someone then tell me how are you human?
The romance in this novel is natural and realistic.
1) Women who gave her life for him
– Initially runs away from the creep who is ogling her, but later become friends because he giving more color to her life to dull and structured. She is constantly conflicted if she loves him or just considers him a friend.
2) Cherished Partner who had his back in battle.
– Initially becomes smitten with him because he releases her from bondage that was strangling her freedom. Events build on them self from prince charming infatuation to more best friends than love.
3) Alchemy women
– The consequences of gaining power and wealth is finding love is harder. We have a Powerful independent women who longs for companionship after living years surrounded by older males who seek her what she has, and not what she is. Unfortunately, she finds someone who can be her companion, but he’s far below her age, so she can only tease him of what could of been with him.
- Support the Translator – HERE
You’re reading the Chinese Novel called ‘Tales of Demons and Gods’ on JuicyNovels.com.